Switch to healthy snacking - muesli bars. Muesli bars, a healthy alternative for cookies with rich dried fruits and crunchy nuts. Perfect snack between meals.
- 2 cups pre-mix the oriental (Oats, barley, wheat flakes, almonds, dates, figs, raisins and pumpkin seeds)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of natural honey
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon or nutmeg ground (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x9 inch-square baking dish using butter or olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients together very well until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top lightly with nutmeg or cinnamon (optional).
- Bake for 30 minutes in an over preheated to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bars in the size of your choice.
- Wrap the bars with a stripe of baking paper and store it in a cool and dry space.